Hello everyone! To respond to the topic for this week, I think that Waffle House represents the South in many different ways. I never knew about Waffle House until I came to Georgia last fall. Like In-n-Out is only in California, Waffle House is mainly in the Southern part of USA.Waffle House serves delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner food. Waffle House is not that expensive, allowing everyone to dine there anytime. Moreover, since it is open for 24 hours, 365days, they attract lots of travelers and college students.
Waffle House represents the South by their workers. People working there are mainly Southerners who have southern accent. Therefore, whenever you visit there, you can hear the unique southern accent everytime you server comes to serve. For me, hearing the southern accent makes me feel happy and nervous at the same time. Happy because I actually feel like I'm in southern part of America; nervous because sometimes I don't understand what the server is saying. Moreover, the workers are also very kind and friendly. When I went there, the lady who was serving our table was very kind and interacted with my table. She asked us questions about our nationalities and how we came to Georgia, etc. Waffle House makes a feeling like you are at home.
South is also famous and well known for food, and I think Waffle House plays a part in that role of representing the food of the South.
-Hye Jin Ahn-
No comments:
Post a Comment