Monday, February 22, 2010


Coming from Florida, I have not been acquainted with Southern music. Since coming to Georgia Tech, I always pass by the Fraternity houses making it inevitable to hear country music. This was my first encounter with this type of music, so I will analyze the song-- What Hurts The Most from Rascal Flatts. It is a beautiful , at the same time a very sad song, that describes the pain of a young girl who's boyfriend just died. I have attached the video from youtube in the post. The video clearly demonstrates that this is a typical southern song. The first thing that has to be mentioned is the setting of the video. She is with her boyfriend in a typical southern field, where a truck owned by her boyfriend is parked. Obviously, the truck is a perfect representation of the South. I also have to mention the clothing of everybody in the video. Notice that both her dad and her boyfriend are wearing plaid shirts-- which are symbols of the South as well. I will like to experience more of this music, so I am open to any suggestions.

SEE VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment