Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Music City, Cashville, Nashville
I was born in San Francisco but I consider Nashville to be where I'm from. I moved to Memphis when I was 1 and to Nashville when I was 4, so Nashville is the only place I really remember. Nashville is a place without a doubt, according to Walker Percy. Just about everyone knows of Nashville because of all the country music that is recorded there. It is home to the Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame, and the only full-scale replica of the Parthenon. There are many famous people that live in Nashville and you see them around the city all the time. For how well it's known, Nashville isn't that big. There are only about 1.5 million in the city and surrounding area. Nashville has a lot to offer, especially music-wise, and is not too crowded. Nashville is home to the Titans (football) and the Predators (Hockey), so there is a fairly decent sport scene as well. Nashville is sometimes called Music City (obviously for all the music there) or Cashville (for Johnny Cash). Also, Nashville hosts the Country Music Association Awards (CMA Awards).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment